This guide is to show Yorkshire Hosting customer how to purchase a domain name.
Let's get started...
- Visit yorkshire-hosting.co.uk
- From the left hand menu select Domain Names > Register a New Domain
- Enter the name you’d like to use for your website in the Find your new domain name field and click Search to see if its available
If it is, you'll see Congratulations! Domain is available and you can click Add to Cart and Checkout
If the domain is not available you'll see Domain is unavailable. You can either choose an alternative extension, if its available, otherwise you'll need to choose a different name
Important: Double check the spelling of your domain name, once registered the domain can only be refunded within 24 hours of purchase
Note: You can see all of our current prices for new domains, transfers and renewals on the Register a New Domain page
- Your domain registration period will be 1 year. If you'd also like hosting to add a website or emails to your new domain, click No Hosting! Click to add
- If you're planning to hosting with us, you can leave the Nameservers and click Continue.
Alternatively: If you plan on hosting your site elsewhere, you will need to update these nameservers to your hosts and Click Continue
- Have a final check everything is correct with the Product and Price/Cycle and click Checkout
- If you already have an account, click Already registered? and sign-in to complete your order
- If you're a new customer, enter your Account information, billing info and login details for your account
- Choose how you'd like to be billed, if you'd like to pay by card choose Stripe and enter your card information, otherwise choose Paypal
- Choose if you'd like to Join our mailing list, have a read of our terms and click the box to accept, and finally click Complete Order
All done! You've now successfully registered your domain name and are ready to start using it for websites and emails.